3 Days in the Footsteps of the Meteora Monks Package Tour from Kalampaka Highlights
1Enjoy 2 full days of hiking through the astonishing landscapes of the UNESCO World Heritage Meteora area
2Stay overnight on the slopes of Meteora Mountain and admire the view from your hotel
3Wonder on the same path the Monks of Meteora wandered 1,000 years ago
4Explore with your expert guide the traditions and history of this magical place
Why we chose this tourThis 3 day tour package offers you an insider's look at the holy men who built this legendary community, and the chance to tread the same paths that they did. This gorgeous valley with its peaks and dips offers an amazing array of hikes, from simple treks to technical scaling. Let our local expert lead you up to the most scenic lookout points, fill your ears with local legends, and help you experience Meteora in a totally new way.
Our 3 Days in the Footsteps of the Meteora Monks Package Tour from Kalampaka let you step into the past, literally and figuratively, with our 3 day tour package that guides you along the same steps of the monks who built their spiritual community in the hidden rocks of Meteora. Your first afternoon begins with check-in to your hotel, and the chance to rest and refresh after arrival. You have the option to join a sunset tour in the evening; the views over the valley at sunset are truly wondrous and will leave you breathless with awe. Spend the night in Kalampaka or Kastraki and rest up for your 8:30 start time the next morning. Follow in the footsteps of the aescetics that arrived in Meteora over 15 centuries ago. As you wander the hidden paths, marvel at the local legends as your guide brings history to life. End your morning hike to one of the monasteries before heading to your hotel to rest before your 4:00 pm hike up to the rock of Aghio Pnevma (Holy Spirit) and the hermitages, including Saint George’s cave.
Take at quick stop at the Hermit Cave chapel, the first chapel built by the founding monks. After admiring the pastoral landscape, return to the main square of Kastraki before resting up for another day of trekking! Day 3 will take you the Aghia(Great Saint) rock formation- the highest of all the formations in Meteora! You’ll begin this hike in Old Kastraki before winding your way up to Adrachti, one of the most jaw-dropping and bizarre formations in the park. Climb up the natural stairs in the side of the mountain, as you walk past cisterns formed by wind and time, before reaching The White Cross and taking in the panoramic views that sweet the mystical valley below.
Our 3 Days in the Footsteps of the Meteora Monks Package Tour from Kalampaka is available every day. This tour has guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
3 Days in the Footsteps of the Meteora Monks Package Tour from Kalampaka Itinerary
Day 1 Arrival
- Your first day gives you time to check into your hotel and settle in.
- There is an optional Meteora sunset tour to catch a glimpse of this magical valley at one of the most breathtaking times of day.
- Overnight stay in Kalampaka or Kastraki Village.
Day 2 -Hiking tour of Meteora
- Your first full day begins at 8:30 in the morning with a 4-5 easy hike up to the rocks of Meteora.
- Optional visits to the Ypapanti Monastery (Mondays to Fridays only), Great Meteoron, or Varlaam (every Tuesday) are offered.
- Return to the hotel to rest and relax.
- Your second hike begins at 3:00- 4:30 pm, heading up to Aghio Pnevma (Holy Spirit), Saint George's cave, and the hermitages with an intermediate 3 hour hike.
- The hike ends in Kastraki's main plaza.
- Overnight in a hotel in Kalmpaka or Kastraki Village (breakfast included).
Day 3 - Hiking and Scramble Tour of Great Saint (Aghia)
- Day 3 begins at 8:30 with a hike from old Kastraki up to Aghia, the highest formation in Meteora.
- You'll be given the unique opportunity to view Meteora with a panoramic view from high in the mountains. T
- The 3-4 hour hike is intermediate.
- After finishing your hikes, head back to Kastraki or Kalmpaka for departure.
If you have any questions about our 3 Days in the Footsteps of the Meteora Monks Package Tour from Kalampaka, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help