3 Day Wildlife and Culture Private Tour of Thekkady from Kochi Highlights
01Walk through an organic farm growing pomegranates, grapes, and papayas
02See performances of Kathakali dance and Kalariyapattu martial arts
03Tour a spice plantation where they grow tea, coffee, cardamom, and pepper
04Cruise the Periyar Animal Sanctuary and watch the local animals frolic
Why we chose this tourOur 3 Day Wildlife and Culture Tour of Thekkady from Kochi immerses you in the serene beauty and unique work of a local organic farm, allowing you to visit spice plantations, vegetable fields, and a local market for a deeper look at this rural region. Tour an expansive wildlife sanctuary and experience a singular display of Kathakali dance and Kalarippayattu martial arts, both of which originated in Kerala. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-craft each tour package which we offer
- Each tour and experience is led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Choose the hotels you stay at from our curated selection
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
3 Day Wildlife and Culture Private Tour of Thekkady from Kochi Itinerary
Day 1 - Organic Farms of Thekkady
- Your first day begins at 8 AM in Thekkady, and you'll be driven from hotels or the airport in Kochi to the farm where you'll spend your next few days of discovery.
- The organic farm grows papayas, mango, passionfruit, grapes, sapota, and jackfruit, along with raising bees, and you'll sample some of these in your lunch when you arrive to the cottage.
- Help your meal settle with a walking tour of the farm, including some of the many fruit orchards, the apiary, the tree nursery, and the vineyard.
- You'll also learn their techniques for composting, feed some of the animals in the livestock pen and poultry farm, and take an informational tour of the edible and medicinal herb garden.
- Enjoy panoramic views of the valley below, and you can spend the rest of the day cycling the local villages or taking a bull cart ride through the farms that are currently harvesting.
- Overnight in the Organic Farm.
Day 2 - Periyar Wild Life Sanctuary
- Today you'll dive deep into the wild animals and plants that are native to this region with a visit to the Periyar Wildlife Reserve, which is a sanctuary for both tigers and elephants.
- Admire the majesty of these animals in their natural habitat with a boat cruise to the dam catchment area, and keep an eye out for the other animals that live here, like bison, wild dogs, and hornbills.
- Take some free time for lunch on your own before visiting the Mudra Cultural Center in Kumily for exhibitions of Kathakali and Kalarippayattu, 2 unique art forms from Kerala.
- Kathakali is a dramatic form of dance from the 17th century, famous for its intense makeup, narrative moves, and the beauty of the stories from the Ramayana that they exhibit.
- Kalarippayattu is an ancient form of martial arts, drawing inspiration from animals for its raw power and sinuous strength.
- See if you can spot the influence of lions, tigers, elephants, snakes, crocodiles, and wild boars throughout the exhibition.
- After, you will be taken back to the farm for some rest and to get yourself dinner.
- Overnight in the Organic Farm (Breakfast included).
Day 3 - Kerala Cultural Experience
- Enjoy a fresh breakfast overlooking the farm before visiting the busy local market of Cumbum.
- Here you'll see a variety of fresh produce and spices being sold by local farmers to the townspeople, who buy their garlic, onion, tomato, okra, beans, carrots, and green chilies here.
- Continue to a spice plantation that will delight you with beautiful sights, singular smells, and decadent tastes.
- You'll see tea, coffee, cardamom, pepper, and oranges being grown before hopping into your private transportation back to Kochi
- You will reach Kochi by 6 PM.
- (Breakfast included).
NB - all timings on 3 Day Wildlife and Culture Private Tour of Thekkady from Kochi are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our 3 Day Wildlife and Culture Private Tour of Thekkady from Kochi, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Kochi
Fully guided tour
2 overnight (based on double rooms)
Lunches and Dinners
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
3* Hotel: Harvest Fresh Farm in Lower Camp, Thekkady or similar
Related Tours and Experiences
Old Delhi Night Food WalkIndia | 5 hour tour From $79 Per Person
Breakfast Trail in Old DelhiIndia | 5 hour tour From $69 Per Person
Sultans Legacy & Wildlife of Bidar 2 Day Private Tour from HyderabadIndia | 2 days package From $335 Per Person
2 Day Yoga and Spirituality Private Tour in Rishikesh from New DelhiIndia | 2 days package From $375 Per Person
Taj Mahal & Wonders of Agra Tour from New DelhiIndia | 12 hour tour From $190 Per Person
Insider Hyderabad Private City TourIndia | 8 hour tour From $109 Per Person
Cooking Experience in KochiIndia | 4 hour tour From $120 Per Person
Ajanta, Ellora & Lonar Meteor Mystery 6 Day Private Tour from MumbaiIndia | 6 days package From $1,179 Per Person
Ancient Buddhist University of Kanheri Private Tour from MumbaiIndia | 8 hour tour From $129 Per Person
Karla & Bhaja Caves Private Tour from MumbaiIndia | 12 hour tour From $181 Per Person