2 Day Private Self-Driving Peloponnese Rafting & Hiking Experience from Athens Highlights
1Uncover some of Greece's most stunning landscapes, with flowing rivers and dramatic gorges on every side
2Visit traditional villages, including Karytaina, Dimitsana, and Stemnitsa for a more authentic look at Greece
3Paddle along the Lousios River and marvel at the cliffside monastery of Prodromos
4Stay at a local hotel where you'll be charmed by the pastoral local life
Why we chose this tourOur 2 Day Self-Driving Peloponnese Rafting & Hiking Experience from Athens is the perfect way to explore this beautiful region independently with all the information you need right at your fingertips! After leaving Athens, you'll step into the natural world and back in time to discover hidden secrets and pathways tucked away across the area, getting a more authentic look at the countryside of Greece. This tour is available every day, with seasonal variations, and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
2 Day Private Self-Driving Peloponnese Rafting & Hiking Experience from Athens Itinerary
Day 1 - Stemnitsa and Rafting
- Start your trip from Athens at 7 am with all the information you need to get out and explore at your fingertips!
- Your first experience once you're out of the car is a rafting trip along the Lousios River, the first place Zeus bathed after his birth, where you'll join a guide for a safe and thrilling adventure.
- Sail down the crystal clear waters of the river, admiring the dense forests that cover either side of the gorge with their untouched beauty.
- You'll continue along to the Alfios River, ending at the Koukos Bridge where you'll hop out of your wetsuit and trek the Vrondos waterfall before driving to Stemnitsa and your traditional guesthouse.
- Overnight in Stemnitsa(Lunch included).
Day 2 - Hiking in Lousios Gorge
- Feast on a lavish meal of homemade and local dishes before you drive to the starting point for your stunning hike today.
- You'll walk along trails on the top of the Lousios River Gorge that you rafted the day before, eventually reaching the monasteries that line the clifftops.
- Stop at some of the most stunning monasteries, admiring their bold design and the towering trees that surround you.
- The last stop of the day is the archaeological site of Gortyna, where you can explore the ruins left by civilizations long gone before you drive back to Athens(Breakfast and picnic lunch included).
NB - all timings on 2 Day Private Self-Driving Peloponnese Rafting & Hiking Experience from Athens are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our 2 Day Private Self-Driving Peloponnese Rafting & Hiking Experience from Athens, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Accommodation in a local guesthouse with breakfast, sharing a double rooms
Rafting in Lousios Gorge with lunch
Ηiking in Lousios Gorge with lunch
Meals: 1 breakfast & 2 lunches
Meals not mentioned
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Second pair of shoes that will get wet
Hiking shoes, long hiking pants, second T-shirt, windproof jacket
Hat or beanie
Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
Hotels: Mpelleiko Guesthouse, Theonimfi Guesthouse or similar
NB: All hotels and guesthouses are subject to availability and can change
Children from the following ages mentioned and according to season and always subject to current weather conditions April – May: 12 years and above June – October: 7 years and above November – March: 16 years and above
Basic physical condition is required