13 Day Secrets of Croatia Tour Package Highlights
01Spend an incredible 13 days exploring everything Croatia has to offer
02Discover the wonders of Zagreb's food scene and history
03Learn how to make typical Istrian dishes in Riejka.
04Spend time in Split, Trogir and the Kliss Fortress on the Dalmatian coast
05Each day is led by a different expert handpicked guide
06See world famous Dubrovnik, home to the filming location of the Game of Thrones!
07Visit Montenegro, famous for its breathtaking scenery and nature
08Choose your hotel from our hand-picked selection of well located options
Why we chose this tourOur 13 Day Secrets of Croatia Tour Package is an incredible opportunity to see this magical country in all its splendor. You'll visit the capital Zagreb and be given an introduction to both its diverse food scene and its chequered history. In Rijeka, on the Istrian coast, you'll learn how to buy for, and cook delicious traditional Croatian dishes under the watchful eye of a local chef. In Split, you'll be visiting the UNESCO world heritage site of Trogir, and the Kliss fortress, with its incredible views over Split's peninsula. Then to Dubrovnik where the fun continues with time to explore the old town - a filming location for Game of Thrones - as well as day trips to the famous Peljisac peninsula, famed for its wine and oyster production. Finally, no trip to southern Croatia would be complete without a day in stunning Montenegro, with its vast history and breathtaking nature. Each experience will be led by an enthusiastic, knowledgeable local guide who will make Croatia come to life! Our 13 Day Secrets of Croatia Tour Package leaves with guaranteed departures.
Croatia is such a diverse, exciting country with its own identity. Our 13 Day Secrets of Croatia Tour Package is your chance to discover this for yourself. The package has a nice mix of nature, history, food, and culture, all of which Croatia is famous for. You’ll be staying in 4 different cities, each with its own personality and style. Zagreb – buzzing and cosmopolitan, Rijeka – laid back luxury, Split – stunningly Mediterranean in feel, and Dubrovnik – surely Croatia’s most beautiful city.
You’ll get the chance to book your own hotel in each at the time of booking. Choose from our handpicked, curated selection of excellent choices. From high-end luxury to quirky boutique options, there’s something to suit everybody’s needs. What’s more, you’ll be joined on each experience by a local who knows the area inside out. This is how Croatia really comes to life; through the eyes of someone that lives there.
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
13 Day Secrets of Croatia Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Zagreb
- Arrive in Zagreb and make your way to your handpicked hotel.
Day 2 - Zagreb Food Tour & Night Walking Tour
- Spend the morning immersed in Croatian culture and cuisine on our Zagreb food tour.
- Make your way to Dolac market, an impressive space filled with local food stalls.
- Try burek, the local cheese, and pastry dish, as well as cevapi (small sausages) and other local delicacies.
- Taste sweet treats like štrukli, a traditional Croatian dessert, and incredible chocolates.
- Stroll down the local Zagreb of streets, learning all about the incredible history of the city.
- Try foods from Istria - such as prsut, a local cured ham, and regionally cured olives.
- After a rest, it's time to dive back in with a night walking tour.
- Meet your local guide who will take you into a hidden basement where the group will be joined by the spirit of the past; a virtual guide who witnessed the dark past of Zagreb.
- The tour follows a personal story of four historical people that took part in gruesome events that happened in the city.
- Watch how kings, queens, witches, peasants, and prostitutes, all real historical figures, meet their fate.
- A fascinating, and very different way to experience the rather unusual nature of Zagreb's past!
- Return to your hotel for some rest and relaxation.
Day 3 - Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Meet your guide who will take you to the incredible Plitvice Lakes National Park.
- This UNESCO world heritage site is one of the oldest national parks in Southeast Europe and the largest in Croatia.
- Explore the lakes both by foot and by boat. Watch the cascading waterfalls and admire the glittering lakes of the park.
- Enjoy lunch in a traditional Croatian restaurant.
- You'll also visit the Old Rastoke Mill and the Open Homeland War Museum, to gain better insight into Croatia's complicated history.
- Return to Zagreb after a day of fun, nature, and history. (Lunch included)
Day 4 - Rijeka
- Spend day 4 making your own way from Zagreb to Rijeka.
- This gorgeous city lies just a few hours from Zagreb on the Istrian coast.
- Check into your handpicked hotel and rest up, ready for the adventures that await.
Day 5 - Istrian Cooking Class
- Spend the morning learning how to cook, Istrian style.
- Your enthusiastic local guide will take you to a market where you'll shop for fresh ingredients, sampling local treats and coffee along the way.
- Meet a local chef who will treat you to a guided cooking class, using the ingredients you collected at the market.
- Learn all about traditional Istrian dishes whilst preparing them yourself!
- The late afternoon and evening are yours to do with as you please, before retiring to your Rijeka hotel.
Day 6 - Split
- Spend day 6 making your own way to Split on the Dalmatian coast.
- This beautiful town is filled with history, great food, and coffee and looks out onto some of the gorgeous islands of the region.
- Check into your handpicked Split hotel.
Day 7 - Kliss & Trogir
- After a free morning, you'll meet your local guide who will be taking you to the UNESCO world heritage site of Trogir and visit the Klis fortress.
- The fortress was built in the 16th century and boasts incredible aerial views of nearby Split.
- Your guide will make this historical monument come to life.
- Then visit Trogir, a beautiful town close to Split.
- Visit the Cathedral of St Lawrence and enjoy some free time in this delightful town, before making your way back to Split.
- Spend the night in your Split hotel.
Day 8 - Split
- Enjoy some free time on day 8 in Split. Why not visit the Diocletian's palace in the center of Split's bustling town.
- Or even take a day trip to one of the nearby islands like Brac or Solta.
Day 9 - Dubrovnik
- Get collected from your Split hotel and head down to Dubrovnik.
- The 'pearl of the Adriatic,' Dubrovnik is an incredible UNESCO world heritage site and one of the most beautiful cities in Croatia.
- Your guide will take you around Dubrovnik's old town, telling tales of both ancient and modern history.
- Spend some free time exploring the city for yourself, perhaps with a delicious lunch or a trip to the local 'buza' - holes in the city walls where you can have a drink and admire the views.
- Take a bus to a local viewpoint and see Dubrovnik from a different angle.
- It's a breathtaking view of the old town, Dubrovnik's beaches, the nearby island of Lokrum, and other islands dotted in the distance.
- Check into your Dubrovnik hotel to rest and recharge.
- Overnight in Dubrovnik
Day 10 - Wine & Oyster Tasting
- Get whisked away to the Peljesac peninsula, famous for its wine and oysters!
- Visit Veliki Ston, home to the largest stone wall in Europe, which was erected to protect the town's most precious product, back in the day - salt!
- Head to Mali Ston, famous for its amazing oysters where you'll be treated to an oyster tasting.
- After some free time in Mali Ston, it's off to a local winery. The peninsula is famous for its rich red wines and bright white wines. You'll get to try some wines made by one of the best wineries in the region, overlooking the old salt factory of Ston.
- Head back to Dubrovnik to spend the evening at your hotel.
Day 11 - Dubrovnik
- Day 11 is your chance to visit Dubrovnik for yourself.
- Spend the day wandering the old town, or perhaps head to Lokrum, an island just 15 minutes from Dubrovnik. The island holds the iconic Iron Throne from Game of Thrones, some of which were filmed around Dubrovnik. It also has some great swimming and sunbathing opportunities.
Day 12- Montenegro
- Head down to Montenegro, just a short drive from Dubrovnik.
- Your day will begin at Perast with an incredible view over Our Lady of the Rocks, a church perched on an islet.
- Stop by Verige for a panoramic view of the gorgeous bays and islets in the area.
- Head to Kotor, one of Montenegro's most picturesque towns. You'll be with a local guide who will tell you everything there is to know about Kotor. There will also be some free time.
- Ascend the 1350 steps (if you want to!) to the top of the Castle of San Giovanni before heading off to source your own delicious lunch.
- Finish the tour with a short ferry ride to see the best of the bay of Kotor, before heading back to Dubrovnik.
Day 13 - Departure
- Day 13 is reserved for your independent departure from Dubrovnik, full of memories and photographs to savor forevermore.
If you have any questions about our 13 Day Secrets of Croatia Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
7 Day Secrets of Zagreb & Istrian Coast Tour PackageCroatia | 7 days package From $650 Per Person
6 Day Split, Dubrovnik & Plitvice Lakes Tour PackageCroatia | 6 days package From $552 Per Person
Dubrovnik & Kotor 6 Day Tour PackageCroatia | 6 days package From $519 Per Person
Dubrovnik, Mostar & Kravice 5 Day Tour PackageCroatia | 5 days package From $440 Per Person
Insider Zadar City TourCroatia | 2 hours tour From $40 Per Person
Insider Zagreb City TourCroatia | 2 hours tour From $40 Per Person
Zagreb Food TourCroatia | 4 hours tour From $65 Per Person
Private Bike Trip at the Dubrovnik RivieraCroatia | 5 hours tour From $115 Per Person
Bike and Wine Tasting Private Tour from DubrovnikCroatia | 5 hours tour From $75 Per Person
Montenegro Private Tour from DubrovnikCroatia | 8 hours tour From $422 Per Person