1Explore the highlights of Japan's busy capital Kyoto on food and on a whirlwind cycling tour
2Visit the traditional villages of Kanazawa, Shirakawago, and Takayama with a local guide
3Learn about Japans traditions with an authentic tea ceremony and a sushi rolling class
4See all the best that Japan has to offer on this comprehensive 10 day tour
Why we chose this tourOur 10 Day Ultimate Japan Tour Package is an intimate luxury tour that takes you from busy port cities to traditional mountain villages and everything in between. You'll learn more about the history and cultural traditions of Japan from expert guides, and have the chance to explore on your own to make sure this trip is everything you want it to be. Don't miss out on this comprehensive tour across this stunning country! This tour is available every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Itinerary - 10 Day Ultimate Japan Tour Package
Day 1- Arrival
- Upon arrival at Narita Airport, a guide will direct you to your pickup point for transport to your hotel.
- Overnight in Tokyo.
Day 2 - Tokyo
- After a tasty breakfast, you'll meet your guide for a 3 hour tour of the city where you'll be introduced to the culture, layout, and transportation systems of this bustling metropolis.
- You'll also make a stop at the Shibuya Scramble, one of the largest and most hectic crossing areas in the city, as well as the Shibuya Sky Tower, stretching 230 meters into the air and offering 360 degree views from an open air platform.
- Overnight in Tokyo (Breakfast included).
Day 3 - Sushi Making Class
- Your day will be spent delving into the art of rolling and making your own sushi, as well as seeing firsthand how traditional fish markets operate, with the help of an English-speaking expert chef.
- Spend the morning on your own at the Tsujiki fish market, exploring all of the different options you'll be sampling in your afternoon sushi-making class.
- Learn insider tips and tricks for how to combine different flavors, pick the freshest fish, and make sure your rolls never fall apart!
- Overnight in Tokyo (Breakfast included).
Day 4 - Kanazawa
- After your breakfast, you'll take a 2 hour train ride through the rolling country to the quaint town of Kanzawa, well-known for it's Edo period districts, art museums, and landscaped gardens.
- You'll have the rest of the afternoon to explore alone, where you can visit the local markets for a tasty lunch, stroll through the Higashichaya (Geisha) district for some traditional tempura and folk songs, or visit the Nomura Samura House with its beautifully restored rooms and lush gardens.
- Overnight in Kanzawa (Breakfast included)
Day 5 - Free Day in Kanazawa
- Today is your day to explore the rest of Kanazawa on your own, but we've included some recommendations for where to stop below.
- First up is the Gyokusen Inmaru Garden, a sprawling 17th century garden that has been carefully restored, with ponds, waterfalls, and artificial islets that sits next to the Kanazawa Castle.
- Our second choice is another garden: Kenrokuen Gardens, a private garden that holds the honor of being on of the 3 great gardens of Japan, and is covered with flowering trees, hidden nooks, and carefully designed water features; it's connected to the nearby Seisonkaku Villa although separate entrance fees apply.
- Our final suggestion is the 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, a sprawling circular building that constantly rotates exhibitions and offers a comprehensive view of contemporary art.
- Overnight in Kanazawa (Breakfast included)
Day 6 - Shirakawago - Takayama
- Your day starts with a visit to the quaint and traditional village of Shirakawago, a UNESCO World Heritage Site tucked away in the remote mountainside, and then to Takayama, a charming town with narrow streets lined with Edo style architecture and dotted with temples.
- Dinner included at your accommodation in Takayama, and will be a traditional Kaiseki or tasting meal.
- Overnight in Takayama at a traditional ryokan, complete with tatami flooring and authentic futon beds. (Breakfast and dinner included)
Day 7 - Nagoya - Kyoto
- The day begins with Kaiseki breakfast before a 3 hour trip to Nagoya where you'll get on the train to Kyoto for a very special evening.
- You'll take part in a traditional tea ceremony served by a tea master in an authentic kimono, getting an unprecedented look at a complex and critical cultural tradition.
- Overnight in Kyoto (Breakfast included).
Day 8 - Kyoto
- Today you'll have a Full Day East Kyoto cycling tour with an English speaking guide that can be done on foot in case of inclement weather.
- You'll stop along the way at the Buddhist temples of Nishi-Honganji and Kiyomizu, with your guide teaching you more about this fascinating religion and the history of the structures themselves.
- The guide will also take you to the Ginkakuji Zen Temple and the Shinto Maruyama Temple and its hidden shrine to show you some of the religious diversity that has existed in Japan for generations.
- The striking Kyoto Imperial Palace and Nijo-jo Castle, the former residence of the first Edo shogun and now a beautifully restored monument.
- Overnight in Kyoto. (Breakfast included)
Day 9 - Osaka
- You'll take a quick train ride to the modern port city of Osaka, known for its nightlife and local food, where you'll be given a free day!
- Our recommendations for must-sees include the Osaka Castle, the Kamigata Ukiyoe Museum of traditional art, Sumiyoshi Shrine, the Osaka Aquarium, a trip to a local market to try foods from street vendors, and a night out in Dotonbori.
- Overnight in Osaka (Breakfast included).
Day 10 - Departure
- Rapid train transport to Kansai Airport, Osaka. (Breakfast included)
If you have any questions about our 10 Day Ultimate Japan Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book 10 Day Ultimate Japan Tour Package as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.