10 Day Secrets of Greek Food & Wine Tour Package Highlights
01Spend a glorious 10 days immersed in Greek food and wine culture
02Find hidden restaurant and bars in Athens on our Athens food tour
03Visit 3 different islands, each with their own distinct character
04Each experience is led by a different handpicked local guide
05Choose your hotel from our hand-picked selection of well located options
06Visit stunning Santorini wineries and watch the sun go down over the beautiful vineyards
07Learn how to cook authentic Greek food on a cooking experience with a local chef
Why we chose this tourIf you're a foodie who wants to really get under the skin of Greek cuisine, our 10 Day Secrets of Greek Food & Wine Tour Package is for you. Head to Athens where you'll be treated to an insider food tour around some of the less well neighborhoods. Visit the three islands of Poros, Hydra, and Aegina with their gorgeous winding cobbled streets and traditional tavernas. Take a tour around a mainland Greek winery, heading to the old capital of Greece, Nafplio, as you go. Head to Santorini for more wine tours, ending with a glass of wine at sunset over the beautiful local vineyards. Take a cooking class with a renowned chef, learning tips and tricks of authentic Greek cooking. Our 10 Day Secrets of Greek Food & Wine Tour Package leaves with guaranteed departures.
10 days of Greek food and wine could be yours on our 10 Day Secrets of Greek Food & Wine Tour Package. This package has a nice mix of experiences and free days where you can explore Athens or Santorini to your heart’s content. Each experience is always headed up by an enthusiastic local guide, hand-picked for their knowledge. When you are with others, we always ensure a small group size so you can get the very best out of your experiences. Even better, you get to handpick your own hotel from a range of incredible options, to ensure it perfectly suits your needs. If you have a hankering for authentic Greek food and wine, you can’t go wrong with this package.
- We hand-craft each tour package which we offer
- Each tour and experience is led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Choose the hotels you stay at from our curated selection
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
10 Day Secrets of Greek Food & Wine Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Athens
- Day one is reserved for your overnight arrival in Athens. Check into your handpicked hotel and enjoy some free time before your adventures begin tomorrow.
Day 2 - Athens Food Tour
- Athens is awash with incredible food, which you'll discover today! Meet your friendly local guide at a centralized location and head off to some of the best foodie spots in the city.
- Sample your way through various off-the-beaten-track neighborhoods. Visit open-air markets, specialty food shops, cafes, food stands, and delis.
- Taste some of Greece's most iconic dishes including regional honey, souvlaki, baklava, tsipouro, Greek coffee, and other mezze dishes.
- Your local guide will explain the importance of food in Greek culture as you delve deep into the Athens food scene.
- Return to your hotel for an evening of free time.
Day 3 - Aegina, Hydra & Poros Island Cruise
- Head out of Athens today on a cruise around some of the nearby islands.
- You'll be picked up from a centralized hotel in Athens before heading towards the port and onto a boat. Your first stop is Poros, where you will have some free time to explore the island, perhaps stopping at a traditional cafe or two, and marveling at the beauty of the main town.
- Head onto Hydra for 1.5 hours worth of free time; plenty to get a Greek snack or mezze.
- Finally, head towards the island of Aegina where you can either explore on your own or for an additional fee, join a tour of the Temple of Aphaia.
- Return to Athens whilst enjoying a traditional Greek folklore show and mezze lunch as you sail back to the mainland.
- Return to your hotel for some well-deserved rest and relaxation.
Day 4 - Free Day in Athens
- Day four is yours to do with as you please in Athens. If food and wine are still on your mind, why not head towards the Psyrri district. This is a popular area for students who flock the mezedopoleia (Greek version of tapas bars) with their unpretentious, local menus.
Day 5 - Nemea & Nafplio Wine & History
- It's time to learn more about Greek wine on a private tour. You'll be picked up from your hotel by a local guide who will drive you to the wine region of Nemea, famous for its indigenous grape varieties.
- Drive through the delightful valleys of the area before hitting two boutique wineries, famous for their excellent wines.
- Learn more about the local wines such as Agiorgitiko, a dry red, and Moschofilero, an aromatic white.
- Take a tour of the winery and vineyards before enjoying a tasting and snacks under the tutelage of a professional Sommelier. There is an option to upgrade your tasting to premium wines and include lunch.
- Drive towards Nafplio, the original capital of Greece.
- Enjoy the architecture, atmosphere, and beautiful seaside panoramas as you stroll through the cobblestone streets.
- Enjoy some free time - perhaps stopping somewhere for lunch - before heading back to Athens.
Day 6 - Santorini
- Day 6 is reserved for your independent transfer to Santorini, easily accessible from Athens by either plane or boat.
- Check into your handpicked hotel for some rest and relaxation on this beautiful island.
Day 7 - Santorini Wine & Sunset Tour
- Santorini is famous for its gorgeous wines. Meet a professional Sommelier who will take you to the first of the three wineries you'll be visiting today.
- Walk around the vineyards learning about Santorini's unique viticulture that thrives in volcanic soils.
- Enjoy your first wine tasting complete with some local cheeses and other snacks.
- Continue to your next vineyard, learning about the culture and history of Santorini and enjoying stunning views over the water.
- Enjoy another tasting before heading to your final winery.
- Here you'll enjoy the stunning sunset as you savor your wine tasting.
- Return to your hotel for an evening of free time.
Day 8 - Free day in Santorini
- Day 8 is yours to explore Santorini on your own. You could explore the famous black sands of Santorini's beaches - Perissa is one of the most famous. The volcanic sands melt into crystal clear blue waters here. Or if you fancy a day exploring, the famous town of Oia is probably one of the most photographed places in Greece and well worth checking out.
Day 9 - Greek Cooking Class & Tasting Experience
- It's time to learn about Santorini's rich food culture on a cooking class and tasting experience.
- You'll be picked up from a centralized location before heading towards a family-run winery, enjoying scenic views and tasting the estate's wines.
- Then head towards your cooking class. Meet a local chef who will be your guide as you try your hand at cooking some regional dishes, learning tips and tricks as you go.
- Once you've finished, sit down and taste the fruits of your labor, complete with specially chosen wines to complement your dishes.
- Return to your hotel for your final night on Santorini.
Day 10 - Departure
- Day 10 is reserved for your independent departure from the beautiful island of Santorini, filled with memories and maybe even a suitcase of tasty treats to take home with you!
If you have any questions about our 10 Day Secrets of Greek Food & Wine Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Mykonos Private Shore ExcursionGreece | 5 hour tour From $550 Per Group
Mykonos Small Group TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Mykonos Private Jeep TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $499 Per Group
Mykonos Private Guided TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $530 Per Group
Achilleion, Kanoni & Corfu Town Private TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $719 Per Group
Paleokastritsa Monastery, Kanoni & Corfu Town TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $689 Per Group
Santorini Wine Roads Sunset TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $179 Per Person
Craft Beer & Spirits Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Greek Food & Wine Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $199 Per Person
Santorini Insider TourGreece | 5 hour tour From $179 Per Person